VPN stands for Virtual Private Network is a way of adding security and privacy to both public (like coffee house WiFi) and private networks (like your home or office WiFi). It enables you to freely use and browse the Internet without the fear of putting yourself at risk of cybercrimes, hackers, or geographic restrictions.
Needless to say, a VPN service is highly useful and can benefit a number of different people with various needs.
Here is a list of 10 types of people who should be using a VPN:
1. Any who uses public WiFi at hotels, airports, coffee shops, restaurants, etc.
2. People who enjoy streaming content using Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, etc.
3. Employees and students who want to break out of restricted networks at work or school.
4. Anyone who likes to download/upload P2P files anonymously.
5. Vacationers who want to watch home-specific entertainment while traveling, like sporting events, local TV, etc.
6. People who want to secure their online phone calls to prevent eavesdropping.
7. Business travelers who need to bypass countries’ web censorship and content surveillance restrictions.
8. Anyone who does not want their searches logged & recorded by search engines like Google, Bing & Yahoo.
9. People who work with sensitive issues and wish to avoid reprisals & tracebacks because of research like journalists, market researchers, detectives, and lawyers.
10. All who believe that privacy is a basic right!
Do you fall into one or more of these categories?
Then you will enjoy & greatly benefit from using a VPN service.
For more information about how a Virtual Private Network can improve your online experience, click HERE.
Photo & 10 categories originally presented by Net For Beginners.